How To Prepare For An Online Interview
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), more employers are starting to conduct online interviews and this may become normal for the short term moving forward.
Are you prepared for an online interview?
In this video I provide tips on how to prepare for your online interview so you put your best foot forward.
- Why you should be seeking out a video interview vs an audio interview.
- Why you should be using your laptop / PC instead of a mobile phone.
- How to appear at your best if you do use a mobile phone.
- What you need to be using so you can be clearly heard and understood.
- Why you need to ditch the inbuilt camera.
- How to improve your lighting with a few quick fixes so you look your best.
- What to do if you’re at the office and you have an online interview.
- How to ‘stage’ your home environment so your online interview goes off without a hitch.
- How to suggest an alternative to an audio interview and what software to use.
- The one platform you MUST use to test and practice BEFORE your online interview.
Plus, I provide a bonus at the end that gives you an advantage for the online interview.
This will reduce your nerves and allow you to confidently respond when asked to provide an example or quantifiable data.
If interviews leave you in a spin, or if you’re wanting to improve your performance – particularly during these times when you may be unfamiliar with online interviews – reach out for a discussion about my interactive 1-on-1 Interview Coaching.
This video first appeared in my free Facebook Group for high level professionals and leaders. I share a lot of great tips and strategies that you won’t find anywhere else. Come join us here: Must-Have Strategies to Land Your Dream Job